Vot

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday April 5, 2010

Just a brief entry tonight. Today has been a much better day. I woke up early this morning and made sure I took the time to study and pray. I can't even describe the strength and peace that I felt flow into my person. It was amazing! From that point on, I felt my a lightness in my heart that I haven't felt for a few days now. I love that feeling. It makes me feel closer to my little girl. I miss her so much, and I want to make her proud. I want her to know I am doing all I can, so one day, I can hold her in my arms again. There are times when my heart just aches to hold her hand, to caress her cheek, or to simply tell her how much I love her. I am richly blessed to have so many wonderful memories to look back on. We had a wonderful mother/daughter relationship that I will treasure forever!!


The other reason today was uplifting for me was that I was blessed with an opportunity to serve. One of my dear visiting teaching sisters had her baby on Saturday afternoon, via C-section, and she came home today. Over the next while, she will need lots of attentive care and help while she recovers from this painful operation. I am now in a position where I can help her. I can be in her home, and I know how to care for the injured. I feel very confident in my ability to do that. (0: I have had 12 years experience. I am not writing about this to boast or to shout to the world what I get to do. Just to simply state what a blessing it is to humbly serve others. There is no greater blessing than taking care of those around us. I am honored to give back what others have so generously given to me. I am confident Heavenly Father will guide me in my desires to be the hands of heaven on earth.

How grateful I am for prayer. How grateful I am for the Book of Mormon, and the spirit that fills my heart when I read and study it. How grateful I am for a charming, wonderful husband who treasures me. I never doubt for one second that he loves me, despite my feelings of inadequacy. He took the time last night to hold me, to cuddle me, to reassure me that I was important. That I would find my place again. That my heartache would subside with time. I love him so!!!

I wish everyone a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Connie! My heart aches for you as I read your entries, and I am inspried by your wonderful example. You are grieving right now, and if I've learned nothing else lately it's that the grieving process takes time. Keep that in mind and don't feel too bad on the days that are unbearable for you. You have a whole team of people who are praying for and supporting you even though they're not close by. We love you all so much. Never feel like expressing your feelings equals complaining because I can assure you it doesn't. It means that you're human just like all the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete