Vot

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday July 15, 2011

Okay, so now that I have expressed some of my feelings, I want to update everyone on the Winn Family and our doings over the past month. We have been enjoying our summer very much. The boys took swimming lessons and made great progress. We have had several outings with the cousins, (mostly swimming), and have loved spending time with them. Spencer and Preston both went to day camp not long ago. It was a blast to get to be with both my sons this year. I actually went to Camp Fife two days in a row. The first day was for Wolves and Bears. The second day was for Webelos. I learned so much at camp and found myself enjoying the chance to learn and re-learn several things.

We were also blessed to attend Freedom Fire at Utah State. Diamond Rio came this year and performed before the firework show. They also had a wonderful chorus and orchestra who sang and performed with Diamond Rio and on their own. It was a spectacular show! You never know what will make you sad. I find that out every day. At the Freedom Fire celebration, Diamond Rio sang the song, "One More Day". I have heard that song many times before, but for some reason, the words hit my heart like a sledge hammer. I have to post them here so that you can read them too. It made me think of my beautiful angel and how very much I would love one more day with her!

Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you

One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

First thing I'd do, is pray for time to crawl
Then I'd unplug the telephone
And keep the TV off
I'd hold you every second
Say a million I love you's
That's what I'd do, with one more day with you

One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you

Leave me wishing still, for one more day
Leave me wishing still, for one more day

As you can see, the words are beautiful! It touched my mommy heart and made me long to hold my little girl again!!!

Last weekend we had a wonderful opportunity to attend the Merrill family reunion in Sandy, Utah. All of my mom's sisters were there, as well as almost all the cousins. We ate great food, visited our hearts out, and took our kids to the Classic Fun Center. Then it was back to a beautiful park for more food and a special program for Grandma Morgan. I loved the chance to get together. There is nothing like gathering with family members whom you love and who you know love you back. My family, these wonderful people, were the ones who stood with our family when we lost our girl. They sent notes, flowers, emails, care packages, etc. during that awful time. I couldn't have survived without their love and support. What a wonderful opportunity to be with them!!

Yesterday was my 36th birthday. I can't believe I am that old already!! Crazy!! Jason spoiled me rotten, as usual! He bought me my favorite breakfast sandwich from McDonalds. And yes, I do love McGriddles! After swimming lessons, we went miniture golfing with the boys. We were able to play two rounds and our boys did great! They take after their dad: natural golfers in the making! Ha ha ha! Then we went home and ate lunch and rested for a bit. Jason and I left for a while and ran some errands together. It is always so neat to get one on one time with my sweetheart! (0: Then we came home and gathered up our little troopers. We went to dinner and then went shopping at the mall. Then it was to Casper's for dessert. We LOVE Casper's. They have the most delicious brownie delight EVER! That was what I wanted for my birthday treat. We came home and got our boys to bed. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Jason made me feel like his queen. He always does.

As for Jason's job, we are in total limbo. Corporate has not decided what they want to do with him. They are threatening to fire him, as well as all the management team. The whole store hasn't produced the numbers corporate desires. The stupid thing about a company like Verizon is that is doesn't matter how hard you work, or what a great asset you are to the store, or how many customers adore you, including management. If you don't hit their quotas, you are gone. The general manager of the Logan store has been with Verizon for 6 years now. He is a great worker, and has done Verizon well. But now, the store numbers aren't good enough, so the big wigs are threatening to replace him. He says this is the first time in the past six years he has ever stressed over his job. He has a new baby. It is crazy!!! That is the breaks of working for such a corporate giant. They don't care about their workers. All they care about is numbers and money. Years of good service and outstanding work ethnic mean nothing if you don't hit the numbers. I am not sure what to pray for. I don't know if Jason should stay with Verizon. I am not sure I wish for that. If at any time they aren't pleased with his numbers, despite his outstanding work ethnic, they will replace him. You can never feel comfortable. We have lots of praying to do over the whole situation.

Life calls. It is time to begin dinner. I am so grateful for my life. I have much to be thankful for. Logan has been good for us, despite all the hard times. If there is one thing I have learned over the past few years, it is to never fear a challenge. I will face those challenges head on!! With faith in every footstep and a constant prayer in my heart, our family will survive. I will survive! With God, all things are possible!!!

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you didn't get up in primary and they made me! :) Glad you had a great b-day. You totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete