Vot

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Heart Full of Peace

My heart is so full this morning. What a great time to live in this earth! What a great place I am at in my life. I feel like I am in the calm after the storm, when the sun finally shines again. The past few years have been so full of challenges for our family. I know we aren't through yet. I have to say, I really enjoy the challenges given to us. When we struggle, that is when we grow and become closer to our Father in Heaven. I know I have said this many, many times before, but I thank Heavenly Father every day for my angel girl, for every struggle we had with her, for the privilege of being her mother. My heart has changed in so many ways, and it is because of the experiences with her. I miss her every day. I can't wait for the day when I can hold her in my arms again!!! She is my inspiration. All my kids are my inspiration. I want to be the best I can be in every way so we can all be together forever someday. What a glorious day that will be!!! (0:

Our family has had numerous blessings come into our lives over the past few months. Jason is selling homes. My boys have been happy, healthy, and peaceful. They are all doing well in school. Austin is doing great in the Utah Virtual Academy. He enjoys it very much, and also enjoys hanging out with his friends. I am so grateful for the good friends in his life right now. They are exceptional young men who are good examples to my very impressionable son. I am glad he has such good friends to enrich his life.

Jason and I have had such a fun time together. Our time is very limited, between his schedule and mine, but we make a conscious effort to spend time together every week. I am so glad I have such a supportive, loving husband. I couldn't survive without him! There is no way I would! He is always there with a loving hug, an encouraging smile, or simply a gentle touch to remind me, I will be alright. We are a great team! (0: I love the closeness between us. It keeps us both pressing forward.

I recently received a new calling. I was in cub scouting, but at the end of February, I was called to serve as the primary chorister. At first I was very scared. I have never served in this capacity before, and it seemed extremely intimidating. The more I prayed, the more peace I felt. I knew I would be blessed to do the best job I could. I had big shoes to fill, but I knew with constant prayer, I would be blessed to do my best. Amazingly, the more time I spent planning and working on the primary songs, the less pressure I felt from my school work. As I have mentioned before, school this semester has been tough. I have had lots to do and not enough time to do it. After I accepted this calling, my capacities to manage all the dealings in my life increased. I have felt the powers of heaven carrying me along. My burdens were lifted off of my shoulders. In addition to that, I feel so happy and full of peace. I feel the spirit with me every day, and it is such a wonderful blessing to have the Holy Ghost as my costant companion. (0: I never want to lose this feeling I have now. I know life is not going to be easy. It was never meant to be easy. But when we know where to go when we are sad, angry, hurt, discouraged, or just plain weary from this crazy journey through life, it is such a blessing to know God is always there. He helps us. He carries us when we can't walk anymore. He helps us to see the light shining brightly after the storms have raged around us for so long.

Life is wonderful. We have food to eat. We have jobs that provide for our family. We have a great house to live in. We have a wonderful ward and loving neighbors who watch over us. Most importantly, we have peace. Our children have peace. (0: I hope I can treasure up this time in my life and remember the peace I feel. I know the storms will come again, but how grateful I am for the increased capacity to deal with these storms. As Richard G. Scott said in the afternoon session of conference yesterday, those who are beyond the veil are always there, loving us, cheering us on, helping us. They are ever near. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and for the knowledge that my little angel is always near, that Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, will hear and answer my prayers. In the darkest of times, they carry me along. They comfort my heart. They heal my wounds. We can see our girl again someday through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I pray I will be always stay worthy to partake of these wonderful blessings!!! (0:

No comments:

Post a Comment