Vot

Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday November 16, 2009

Greetings once again to all friends and family! Once again, we have much to be thankful for. Ashley had a rough week last week, mostly because of depression. But once again, because of the love of so many, Ashley and our family have been blessed.

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. I am always grateful for Sundays, for the chance to go to church and refresh my soul. When Ashley woke up yesterday, she was, of course, tired. She hadn't slept as well, and her body was aching again. The one thing she was worried about was not the physical discomfort of her body, it was the fact she wasn't feeling like attending church. I can't believe, given her situation when she woke up, and how tired she was, that she was even considering trying to go. We have assured her so many times that Heavenly Father loves her no matter what. He knows she is sick and needs to stay home. And that is ok. She finally seemed to be at peace with that.

The other thing that was bothering her yesterday was her Young Women Medallion. She was honored to receive it early. But her concern was that they only gave it to her because she was sick. She doesn't want to have it because she is sick. She wants to earn it. We have been working every night on her Personal Progress goals. And wonderful Jennifer Montz, bless her heart, has been following us closely to help us with this quest. I assured Ashley that we would work every day on her Personal Progress. Her medallion was not given to her just because she was sick. It was because of the person she is, and the couragous life she has lived. It is because of her valiant and strong testimony of the gospel and her faith in Jesus Christ. It is because the Young Women General presidency believe in her and love her. They know she will continue working on her goals as long as her health permits. It was such a privilege and a blessing for her. She wears the medallion every day. I know she deserves it, and I want her to know, it wasn't because of charity they gave it to her. (0:

Last night, we had some special visitors come over. Ashley was able to spend the evening with a very special friend who moved away and hasn't been able to play with Ashley for a long time. It was such a blessing for these wonderful sisters to be in our home. They are two very special and compassionate ladies, and the time spent visiting with them, while our daughters played was such a privilege for me. I was refreshed, rejuvinated, happy, and ready for the week when they left. I want them to know how much I appreciate the time they took to come lift our burdens.

I also wanted to mention that I was able to spend some time with a dear sister from my ward after church yesterday. This dear lady recently lost her darling baby girl, who was not quite three months old. I am so grateful for her and for how strong this sister is. I look up to her in every way. Her testimony radiates through her every action. She has wonderful children, is a super awesome mom, and I appreciated the time she took to come and listen to me. I pray for her and her family every day, that they might continue to be blessed in their time of loss.

Today was another fairly good day for Ashley. She was tired this morning, but was able to come with me visiting teaching. She loves to come with me when I visit my sisters.

When we arrived back home, she had to rest for a while. She still didn't eat well today, although she ate better today than she did most of last week. Her appetite is still non-existant for the most part. The nurse came today and seemed pleased with how Ashley was doing. Her breathing has been good today. We seem to have a good balance right now with her Lasix, and the fluid retention is under control. Tonight her legs hurt again. The nurse said the body aches won't go away. They are going to continue: a direct problem from the protein loss. Since she isn't taking in protein, her protein levels are likely very low again. I am working on buying a protein powder that dissolves in liquids and is supposedly tasteless. I hope by adding that to her diet, she might have a little more protein intake. She certainly isn't getting it from eating protein rich foods.

Other than that, she hasn't had any chest pains today. No fainting spells. No strange vision problems. Her stomach hasn't gurgled much. Thus, not so many trips to the bathroom. Her spirits have been up tonight as well. I am always grateful for the times when she feels good enough to smile. What a blessing! The boys had a good night. I fail to mention my stripling warriors, (and yes, they act like indian warriors much of the time! Ha ha ha!) But they are troopers. They have handled all the changes in Ashley's health so well. I am super proud of them.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for pouring into our lives. I can't tell you how all of the notes and letters and prayers help us every day. May you all have peace in your hearts!! (0:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated. We are really looking forward to seeing you next week. Katriel told her dance class tonight she won't be at the performance on Saturday. We have to kick this stupid flu. Jaxon and I have been down 4 days now. It is miserable! Katriel came out of dance tonight with a fever as well.

    ReplyDelete