Vot

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday November 17, 2009

Tonight I am not going to write much. When I arrived home from Enrichment meeting, Ashley was in pain and not feeling good at all. Tonight her stomach is giving her fits. She has a headache and is having chest pains as well. I can always tell when she isn't feeling as good. You can see it in her eyes. You can see it in her countenance. Tonight it is very evident she isn't well, and she needs her mom. But overall, it was a great day today for her. She felt fairly good when she got up this morning. She ate a couple of times today, which was wonderful. She worked on her crafts this afternoon. I felt very good about how the day went.

Tonight we had a special presentation given by Jarom John at the end of our enrichment meeting. All I can say is WOW! The spirit was so strong! He spoke directly about the Savior, and how the atonement of Christ can personally bless our lives. He spoke about how the Savior knows each one of us, our individual pains, burdens, sorrows, sadness, etc. He felt our pain in the Garden of Gethsemene. As such, he knows how to succor us at all times. He is there, with his arms out, waiting for us to come to him, to let him heal our souls. I don't know if I can do this justice, but tonight I felt impressed that Ashley needs to be taught this very important principle. No one on this earth knows her pains. No one knows her inner burdens. But He does! By turning her towards our Savior, Jesus Christ, she can be blessed in ways that I can't even imagine. I know He knows my angel. I know it!! I have literally seen her, in the deepest depths of agony, covered with tubes and machines, struggling to stay alive. In those moments, when my earthly hands were tied, and I couldn't do anything to ease her pain, I raised my voice to heaven, pleading with the Father in her behalf. When I returned to her bedside, her little body was completely at peace. There was a look on her face the likes of which I hadn't ever seen before. It was like the earthly burden and pain were lifted from her. I knew, in that moment, the angels were holding my little girl. I knew Heavenly Father was watching over her. I know He will help her again now. How much gratitude I feel tonight for that inspired message! I know God lives! I know Jesus is the Christ, and that through him, we can be held and carried and lifted from the darkest abyss. May His peace be with everyone tonight!

One more thing, the scripture that he read tonight, that will forever more be a favorite, is Alma 7:11-12. I hope it touches you as much as it touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment