Vot

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thursday November 26, 2009

WOW! What a day! I am totally exhausted tonight, in every way. But I couldn't be happier about the events of the day. Let me start out by expressing thanks for all of our dear friends and family for their prayers, notes, care packages, phone calls, hugs.....I could go on and on. We have literally had people pouring into our lives every day. I don't have a chance to feel sad. There are too many wonderful people who are always there, offering to help in anyway they can. Even Jason's wonderful boss had sacrificed multiple times so Jason could be here at home, with us. There are no words to express how thankful I am to everyone! You are our angels! Don't you every think angels aren't real. I am here today to tell you, they are real!! And sometimes those angels come in the form of good friends and family! (0:

Today started with a bang. The boys were up at the crack of dawn, or at least it seemed that way. Ashley and I stayed up late again last night. She was very tired, but we still didn't to sleep until almost 12:30. I had originally planned to get up early, but I was too tired, and didn't get up before the boys. It didn't help that Preston came in and crawled on my head. Fortunately, Ashley was able to sleep in a little bit, even with her silly brother rolling around in the covers.

We ate breakfast and then set to preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. We had planned to eat at 1:00, but with unforeseen delays, didn't get to eat until 3:00. We had David and Alicia, my brother and his wife. My sister, Amy, her husband Kris, and their two kids, Kasey and Zack. We also had my mom, my sister Tammy, my nephew Taylor, my neice Katriel, and my nephew Burke. I have to say, with all those kids here, they were angels. They got a little rowdy a couple of times, but overall, they didn't fight. They were all so well behaved. I was worried how Ashley would handle the confusion, but it was fine. She played with Katriel. They dressed up and did crafts. When Ashley got tired, she laid down on her Aunt Alicia and took a nap. It worked out so nicely. Ashley even ate some potatoes and gravy and turkey! We were so thrilled she ate!!

Tonight while the boys watched a little football, us girls went out to Shopko to grab a few things. Ashley felt good enough to come, although by the time we arrived back home, she was exhausted. She spent the rest of the night with her wonderful Aunt Tammy, watching TV and resting.

Tomorrow the rest of the family will come. My dad wasn't feeling well today, so he is planning to come with my other brother, Chris, and his family tomorrow evening. My older sister, Dawn, and her husband, Jaxon and their little Alyssa will come tomorrow night as well. Jason's grandparents will be here on Saturday afternoon. We have everything set for the baptism on Saturday. Spencer is so excited and I know Kasey is too! What a wonderful blessing to have all my siblings and their families here together for this wonderful holiday and baptism all in one. It is bittersweet for me. On one hand, we love to be together and visit. But on the other, there is always the possibility that we won't have Ashley the next time we gather. That thought lingers in my mind, and I get so sad! I do think it is better not to dwell on that thought. We have her still and every day we get with her is a gift from God. We will keep looking for the silver lining. It is always there! (0:

No comments:

Post a Comment