Vot

Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday November 23, 2009

Today wasn't a good day at all. Ashley had a hard time sleeping last night, so she was very exhausted from the get go. She woke up with the red, puffy eyes and felt light-headed. I told her to go back to bed and rest, which she did. She stayed in bed all morning long. Her appetite was terrible. In desperation, we went out to McDonald's in the early afternoon to get her some chicken nuggets. She did take a few bites of those, but not much. She did try to eat cup of noodles after the boys came home from school. Again, only a few bites. That was all she ate the whole day.

After school today, Jason, Ashley and myself went to Costco to start gathering things for Thanksgiving. I wasn't too hip on Ashley coming, but she really wanted to get out of the house. We were at the store for almost an hour, and when she got home, she went right into the bedroom and laid down. She had started having pain in her neck which radiated up to her head and made her feel sick. I gave her some morphine and she immediately fell asleep for almost two hours. Outings take so much out of her these days. But I won't ever deny her the time away from home. If she wants to go out, she can go out. Every day counts. Even if it means she gets exhausted afterwards, she enjoys the chance to be away from her home prison, (and yes, it can seem like that!!)

When she woke up, it was after 8:00 and she came into the living room and spent the rest of the night curled up on the couch. The one good thing about today: she was so happy to get to help collect food for Thanksgiving! I know she is looking forward to this weekend. I pray she will be strong enough to handle all the company and commotion that will accompany the holiday. We have a plan in place for her, just in case it gets to be too much. And I know my wonderful family, as well as Jason's family, understand just how delicate she is. I know it will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment