Vot

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Funeral Arrangements for Ashley

First of all, I want to thank everyone for absolutely everything: meals, flowers, help with children, care packages, emails, blog comments, etc. I especially want to thank our wonderful home health nurse and social worker who made this morning so easy. They came in and took care of everything at a time when my heart was truly grieving. Thank you Nancy and Kenette!! We love you!! I also want to thank Dr. Etheridge and the wonderful staff at Primary Children's hospital for 12 wonderful years of loving care. Dr. Etheridge, you are the most amazing cardiologist in the world!! We love you with all our hearts and look forward to visiting with you soon. I could go on and on. We have had so many people reach out to our family. Thank you all for serving and loving us.

Ashley's funeral will be on Monday March 8, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. Because we are going to bury Ashley in the Paul Cemetery, we made the decision to hold her funeral in the Burley/Rupert area, specifically in the little town of Paul, Idaho where I grew up. It is about 2 1/2 hours east of Nampa. The Paul Stake Center is where I went to church for most of my life, and it is truly fitting that it would be the church where we say goodbye to our angel. For those of you who would like to attend, please email me and I will happily give you more specific directions to the church there. Really, it isn't hard to find because Paul is so little, and it is the only LDS building in the town. (0:

I have some wonderful things to share that happened today, but tonight, I am completely exhausted and looking forward to some cuddle time with my wonderful husband. (0: I will write another entry soon to share with you some of the amazing things that happened on this day. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us with peace. I know Ashley is happy. I know it with all my heart. Her courageous battle is finally over and she is with her Father in Heaven, laughing, running, dancing, singing.....doing everything she couldn't do in this life. What a blessing to be a mom to such a valiant spirit!!!

Thanks again to everyone!! We love you! We thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. I read this today and thought of all of you.

    Thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, with which I'll never part. God has you in His keeping, I have you in my heart.

    We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, Jason, and boys: Our love is with you today and always. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete