Vot

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday December 6, 2009

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." I was reading my sister's blog tonight, and saw this quote in a picture she took at the festival of trees in Sandy, Utah. I just loved it! Isn't that what life is all about. We all have storms that we are called to endure. They come in so many different forms. Most of the time, when the storms of life come, it is when we least expect it. We can't change our trials. We can't wish them away. We just have to keep moving forward, with faith and courage. And the best part is, we never, EVER have to walk alone. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, will always be with us. Our Heavenly Father will always be with us. The Holy Ghost can always be with us. The trick is, we have to ask. We have to seek. We have to knock. In church today, a very special sister said that exact thing. When times get tough, we need to kneel, and ask our Father in Heaven for help. It is like we are standing at the door, knocking, and He will always open the door for us. I hope everyone learns to dance in the rain.

Okay, getting off my soapbox now. Ha ha ha! Today was a much better day. It wasn't that Ashley's diarrhea stopped. It wasn't that her stomach felt instantly better. It wasn't that she could eat, or that she didn't feel tired anymore. Her symptoms remained the same. The wonderful part was, she was at peace. I saw her burdens literally lifted from her shoulders. I received the reassurance, over and over again, that her loving Father in Heaven would take care of our angel. He would help her get through this awful time of pain and suffering. I felt so much peace about the whole situation. I feel so strongly the way we need to pray is Thy will be done. And then pray for the strength to accept the will of our Father in Heaven.

When Ashley was in surgery, so many years ago, and they came out in the middle of the surgery, and told us she would die, that was how I prayed. I don't remember asking for her life to be spared. I remember praying that no matter what happened, we would be strong and accept the will of our Father in Heaven. And you know, it took almost a year, and tons of faith, but things worked out alright. There is a plan for Ashley's life. I know she will be blessed as she fulfills the mission she was born for on this earth. What this week will bring, I have no idea. How this night will go, I have no idea. But I know, we are not alone. Ashley is not alone. She will be blessed to carry these heavy burdens. And we will keep moving forward, eyes fixed on our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment