Vot

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday December 8, 2009

Sorry for the delay in writing. Last night, Ashley needed her mom. I spent the evening with the boys, helping them with homework and cleaning the house. I hadn't spent enough time with her. At bedtime, she was hurting all over and feeling very neglected. So I helped her take a bath. We have been reading The Secret Garden together. While she bathed, I read. She can no longer be left alone while in the bathtub, because she is so weak and could fall. So the times she is in the bathtub have become optimal times for me to sit and read to her. She likes it and I like it too.

After she got out of the tub, she crawled into bed. She was still feeling awful. One of the comfort things she likes, is when I sit and gently run my fingers up and down her arms, her feet, and sometimes her face. She also likes me to gently stroke her hair. Last night, I sat with her and stroked her for a long time. I felt her body finally relax. She seemed to sleep pretty good, although she was up and down to the bathroom a couple of times in the night.

I neglected to mention, on Monday morning, when Nancy came, she and I discussed Ashley's worsening stomach/intestine symptoms. With my pediatrician out of town and our wonderful cardiologist out of town also, I was feeling a little lost as to whom to consult for additional help. But after talking to Nancy, we decided to start Ashley on her Flagil for a little while. Ashley has had lots of problems with C-difficle infections in the past. Her symptoms when she gets such an infection are exactly the same as the symptoms she has now. Nancy felt like it wasn't just protein loss we are fighting with right now. She felt like perhaps Ashley might be trying to get a C-difficle infection again. The good part is, we have Flagil on hand, so no prescription chasing to get some. The plan is to keep her on it for the next couple of days and see if it helps her. If it does, we will keep her on it for 10 days. If it doesn't help, well, we are back to square one. But so far, based on what I have seen today, and from what Ashley has said, it is helping. What a blessing it would be if her problems were related to an infection. We will see what the next couple of days brings.

Today was a quiet day. Over the past couple of days, Ashley's digestive trauma has definitely improved. She is still having problems, and not eating well, but she has not had the overwhelming agony that consumed her last week. The main problem that is bothering her is that she is so weak. She feels too tired to do much of anything. She hasn't felt like projects or going for car rides. It is so cold right now, I am glad she doesn't want to go out much. She gets cold so easily, and there is still a very high risk she will get sick. Her immune system is severely compromised. She has preferred to lay in bed and rest. Today we did take a few minutes to mix up some sugar cookies and cook them together. She took a bath this morning, and so we were able to read for a long time. That was fun. Tonight she stayed in bed all evening long. I made chicken and noodles for dinner tonight, and she was able to eat a little of that. She also ate a piece of bread and butter. Everything she can get down and keep down is a blessing.

I really wanted to point out that our fasting really did work! On Saturday, I was in distress! She was suffering so greatly!! And there didn't seem any way for her pain to be taken away. So we turned to the Lord. We fasted and prayed. And our prayers were answered. The problems weren't necessarily taken away, but all of us have felt peace. Ashley has been at peace. She said tonight that even though her stomach isn't better yet, her other symptoms have gone away. She isn't having chest pain or headaches. Her heart hasn't bothered her with strange rhythms. She told me she could handle the digestive problems so much better when her other symptoms were gone. I know, that is a direct blessing from her Heavenly Father. He is helping her. He has increased her ability to handle the trials she has been given. I know that blessing came from Him.

Thank you all for combining your faith with ours! It worked! And for a time, we have peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment