Vot

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday January 29, 2010

I am really sorry for the lack of update last night. Ashley wasn't feeling very good, and so I didn't want to take the time to blog.

Yesterday was a hard day for Ashley. She didn't feel as good, and she was very emotional. The arrythmias are starting to come more frequently, and as one would expect, they make her feel yucky. Her stomach was not as good, and she had a terrible time with diarrhea. That was her main problem last night. She went and went and went. It was awful!

Right now, Ashley craves meat. I am not kidding. Her favorite thing is steak. She eats steak several times a day. The portions are really small, but she will eat, and has been eating, up to six little portions a day. We have a good system. If she takes immodium before she eats, she can eat the food and keep it in her system for most of an hour. Then of course, the diarrhea comes. Sometimes she will go longer before she has to run to the bathroom. Last night was worse. She wanted some chicken strips from Dairy Queen. Her wonderful dad, bless his heart, went out and got her some. She was able to eat quite a bit of the chicken, but then the diarrhea hit her with a vengence. It was after 12:30 before her body was able to calm down. She slept most of the night, and didn't wake me up until 6:00. That was a blessing! I was worried she would be up several times. Thank goodness she wasn't. We have had a couple bad nights in a row where she is up four times plus. We neither one are able to rest, and it gets exhausting. I don't do as well when I don't get enough sleep. Neither does my angel.

We actually had a really nice afternoon yesterday. Ashley came out into the living room for a little while, and fell asleep on the couch. I decided to let everything go and take a nap while she rested. Rather that fall asleep in the bedroom, where she might not be able to wake me up for help, I made a bed on the floor and slept by her for most of an hour. It was very refreshing! When she woke, I helped her back into the bedroom and we watched the Bachelor on the internet together. I sat and held her hand and stroked her arm. It was a very special, relaxing time for us.

Today wasn't as relaxing as yesterday. Ashley had more episodes of irregular heart beats. She had one this morning, and then another tonight. It was scary! Even with the extra worry, we still had some wonderful time together. She wanted to take a bath this morning. After she baths, she is always exhausted! Nancy arrived as I was helping her out to the living room. Ashley requested being in the living room after her bath, even if she was tired. I was happy to comply. I opened up the blinds and let in the sunshine. I don't think there is anything more inspiring than sitting in a bright, warm, sun filled room. I do think it helped Ashley's mood. It definitely helped mine.

Tonight, Ashley has been really tired. She wasn't able to eat, (not even steak!) When her episode started, it was around 8:30, so I gave her hydrocodone and ativan and we waited. Within a short time, she started to calm down, but she was tired for the rest of the evening. My sister did come over for a little while to bring over some cookies. Ashley was able to visit with them, although after they left, she got upset because she felt so yucky. Visitors are still hard to handle. Excitement of any kind brings on the arrythmias. We have to be super careful about upsetting Ashley.

So into another weekend we go. I pray it will be a good one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment