Vot

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday January 30, 2010

Today wasn't as good of a day for Ashley. She didn't sleep well last night, and was extremely tired when she woke. But that wasn't the main problem. She told me she felt sick, all over her whole body. She wasn't able to eat, (not even the steak!). She was emotional. Every little thing set her off. She was watching the Hannah Montana Movie, and the song Butterfly Kisses came on, and she started sobbing. She told me that song is one that she loves and if it was appropriate, it would be one she would choose for her funeral. Well, of course, that set me off and we both sat crying together. I held her for a long time. She then started apologizing for crying and for making me cry. Oh my goodness my little angel girl is so selfless! Here she was, feeling so ill, and she was still worrying about her mom being sad. I never cease to be amazed by her selfless and charitable heart.

She was finally able to eat a little bit, but only a couple of bites. Her pain was intense enough I gave her hydrocodone and ativan. I sat by her until she was able to rest a bit. She wanted me to stay close all day long. And I did as best as I could. Happily so.

We finally broke down and let my parents come this evening. Ashley was the one who said it was alright if they came, but only if I promised NOT to leave her. They will stay until Monday morning. I am very thankful they are here. I didn't think it would help me relax to have them near, but I was dead wrong. I feel very peaceful knowing we have them. They can't spell me off with Ashley. But they can help with dishes and the boys and such. Tonight they sat down with the boys and played games with them. They kept them entertained while Jason finished up some loose ends from work, and while I sat by my girl. She needed lots of close mommy time, and it was nice to be able to completely focus on her needs.

She started into another episode right after scripture and prayer time. She was very upset when she called me to come sit with her. She needed to be held and comforted. My wonderful man took over. He prepared the air mattress for my parents and helped the boys into bed. I thank Heavenly Father every day for Jason. He is such a good man, and he helps me every chance he gets. I don't have to ask. He is ever watchful and knows what to do. I have said it before, and I will keep saying it, we are a "winning" team! Ha ha ha ha ha! (0: Ok, that was cheesy, but man, it is so true. What a blessing it is to have married such a honorable person who is generous, giving, helpful, and a great teammate! (0:

I have no idea what to expect over the next few days. But I am so grateful for every day. I am grateful for every hug and every touch and every smile I get to share with my angel. What a blessing! What a miracle she is able to be here still, and be comfortable. I know Heavenly Father is watching over our little family.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have a gift for writing. Loved reading your blog. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that song is so beautiful and fits perfectly! I love it! I am so glad your parents were finally able to come up - I'm sure it means the world to them to get to come and visit your family. Have a wonderful day.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete