Vot

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tuesday January 12, 2010

Today was actually a fairly good day. Ashley didn't have any major heart episodes. She told me she felt her heart racing while I was fixing dinner, but I didn't know she had a problem until we were talking at bedtime. The most bothersome problem right now is her stomach. She was nauseated all day long. It was a chore finding anything she felt like eating. We increased her flagil to three times a day in hopes that might calm her digestive system down. I am also going to pull her morphine for a couple of days. When we started using the morphine with more frequency previously, she got very sick to her stomach. When we stopped the morphine for a bit, her stomach immediately improved. Where she isn't having respitory distress, I don't feel bad about switching to hydrocodone. I can still give that with the ativan, which she does need. Other than that, the day was quiet. Ashley didn't sleep as much today, and tonight she is very tired. But overall, it wasn't a bad day.

So it looks like we might have the funeral in Burley. I appreciate all your support for our decision. I was so worried I might offend someone or make our friends here feel bad. But it would be much easier to have the service there, in my own building, where I went to church my whole life. We haven't spoken to Bishop Corder about our plans yet. We will do that tomorrow. I was also thrilled to find out a very special friend of our family has agreed to be one of the speakers. He is a delightful, compassionate man and Jason and I know he will do a wonderful job!! (0: I originally wanted to ask my father to be a speaker, but it was too close to home. I won't torture poor grandpa like that! (0: And I know our friend is the right person.

It is late and my sweet angel is going to the bathroom yet again. I need to help her. Thank you all so much for your continuous support. The freezer meals have been delicious! The notes and comments and emails have been super uplifting. We wouldn't make it without the love and support of so many dear friends!

2 comments:

  1. Connie....I want you to know that I appreciate that you have this blog so that we can stay in tune with everything. You are an awesome daughter in law and we all are blessed by you and your family. Love you and hope to talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, David showed us this a few weeks ago and want to thank you for letting us be a part of this blog. I dont really know ashley that well but being friends with David and knowing you and your parents I feel that I do. You are in our prayers and if there is anything we can do for you let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete