Vot

Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday February 1, 2010

It was so nice to have my parents here for the weekend. I know they felt like they didn't help much, but they truly did. If anything, the emotional support was a blessing. When my parents are here, I feel like I am wrapped in a warm blanket. The problems don't seem so big. I know they will be blessed for taking the time to come and visit with all of us here.

Ashley didn't have such a great weekend. On Saturday night, she was up and down all night long with horrible diarrhea. She hadn't eaten hardly a thing on Saturday. She tried to eat her steak in the morning, but her stomach was so upset, she ate three bites and was finished. Over the course of the day, she was unable to eat. By dinnertime, she was so hungry she wanted her dad to get her a McDonald's kids meal. It wasn't the most healthy choice, but these days, we don't care if she eats healthy. Food is food, plain and simple. I am positive those greasy nuggets were what set her off. She took immodium before she ate them. She always reminds me to give it to her. I really thought she would be alright. Before bedtime, she didn't have very much diarrhea, but for some reason, about 1:00 it started and it didn't quit until after 6:00. We were both completely exhausted! Poor Jason didn't have a good night either. He hasn't been sleeping well for a very long time now. He wanted to get up and get the boys to church, but being up all night long as well, he was unable to get up. We did make sure to teach the boys their lessons so they didn't miss out on church altogether. I feel horrible we are not going to church right now, but we are doing the best we can. I know Heavenly Father knows we love him and we love church and we love the gospel. When our circumstances permit, we will get to go back. I can't wait to be in church again. I am so lost without it!!

So as you would imagine, Sunday was not a good day for Ashley. She was super emotional and didn't feel a bit good. She wasn't able to eat much. It wasn't that she wasn't hungry, she just hates eating and then having the food go right through her. She told me it was pointless to try to eat. It would just upset her stomach and give her diarrhea. I didn't know what to say to that. It is true. Food of any kind upsets her entire digestive system. She was able to eat better last week. That was such a blessing. But the tables are turning again. And it is so discouraging to my little angel!!

She was able to rest a fair amount over the course of the day. And thankfully we had a better night last night. I do so much better when I am rested, and I know Ashley does too. My parents chipped right in this morning and helped me get the boys ready for school. They also cleaned the house so I could take my shower and get ready for Nancy to come. It was nice to have help cleaning. I have to say though, Jason does a fine job helping me with housework. I never feel overwhelmed by the work that needs to be done. If something is not completed, he will step right in and finish it for me, whether it be vaccuuming, cleaning bathrooms, finishing dishes, supervising bath time, etc. What a trooper Jason is!! (0: And he never, EVER complains. Never. Not even when he is dead on his feet. He will come home and pitch right in. I love him so much!!

Ok, sorry, had to gush again. These days, I can't say enough wonderful things about my dear husband. He is my right hand. Well, this afternoon, Ashley was very tired. She slept before the boys came home and she slept after. While she and I were watching TV tonight, she fell asleep again while I stroked her face. She loves me to run my fingernails over her arms and face, just like her dad. She did attempt to eat a little bit, but only succeeded eating two pieces of string cheese. She didn't even down her popcicles. Tonight she had another episode of chest pain and irregular heartbeat. It hurt so badly, she started crying. I have to say, I am pretty darn proud of myself when those times happen. I didn't freak out. I talked calmly to her, and got her some pain meds. I sat with her until she felt better. Thankfully, it passed within a few minutes. She is super tired now, and thankfully the pain is gone and her breathing is alright again.

So we are off again on another roller coaster week!! I am just so grateful Ashley is alright at the moment. One day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time. Faith in every footstep. Keep moving forward. That is what we will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment