Vot

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday February 15, 2010

It was a very rough night last night. Ashley was up and down several times with horrid diarrhea. She finally gave up trying to get back to sleep and turned on a movie just before 7:00. From the get go, she was exhausted. The pain in her legs was worse today. I don't know what to think about that. Nancy felt like it was most likely the protein losing enteropathy. She checked Ashley's legs when she came for clots, but didn't visibly see anything. The swelling is worse, but PLE can cause swelling. Ashley is prone to clots anyway, and laying down all the time increases her risks even more. We decided to increase the frequency and dose of her hydrocodone, hoping it might take the edge off. I do feel it helped to do that. The larger dose made Ashley sleepier, and it gave her an awful headache, but I was so thankful her legs weren't making her quite so miserable. It is getting harder and harder to get her up and down. I am fearful of what may come as she continues to lose the use of her legs. I do have a chair we can place in the bathtub, which she can sit on to take a shower. That may help when it comes to bath time. She hates sitting on that chair though. She would much rather be in the tub, soaking, which is why I haven't used it for a time. I don't think we may have a choice. If her legs are too weak and painful, she may have to use the chair again. And we can always sponge bath. Nancy brought me the supplies needed to do that, including a shampoo that doesn't have to be washed out. As for going to the bathroom, well, we will cross that bridge if we come to it.

Tonight was not any better. Ashley was so hungry, but when she tried to eat, the diarrhea attacked her with a vengence. She finally gave up and decided to leave her belly empty. Of course the up and down to use the restroom made her legs ache horribly. By bedtime, she was in terrible pain, and continues to be uncomfortable even now. Feeling breathless does not help matters. I hope it won't be such a long night. She can't take it. Frankly, it would be hard for me too. I am feeling weary and discouraged and very worried about my angel. I hope tomorrow might bring a little patch of sunshine into our dreary world.

2 comments:

  1. Connie, I'm sorry you have the suffering of this trial but you know you've already grown from it. I have been blessed by you sharing your life. I pray you, Ashley and your family receive the help from above that each of you need. I think about you all day and wish I could help. I hope you get some restful sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, Thak you so much for being such an example. You have made me a more caring and appricative person reading you're blog. You are Enduring to the end. What a blessing you have had to have this precious angle in you're home!!! It wont be long and she will be wrapped in her Heavenly Fathers arms, safe from her earthly pains. And what a comfort to know that she will be yours again, Forever and Ever. In a pain free world!! You are all in our prayers and we will continue to pray for stength for you're family. Love, Alta

    ReplyDelete